Monday, 19 April 2010

Pebbles in Boots

Hello Brighton beach. Funny to think I've been living in your city for almost four years but have only been lying all over you since Easter. For this, you become my new thing to like, even though you are definitely not new and not just a thing but an awesome thing. Pebbles falling out of my boots almost daily is perhaps the real new thing to like here, but let's give the ocean some blog-flavoured love instead.

In other beach-related news, Beach House's Teen Dream (Bella Union/Sup Pop) has been on constant rotation since I snapped it up for a fiver at Resident on Saturday. Definite highlights so far include opener "Zebra", single "Norway" and penultimate track "Real Love". Victoria Legrand's vocals are strangely haunting and also kind of like a guy's. I mean, in a good way, but an initially confusing way too. The woozy simplicity of this record may not appeal to everyone's tastes, but so far the poppy aah-ing backing vocals and cheap drum machine have won me over.


images courtesy of and owned by me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...