Thursday, 5 August 2010

Song of the Day: "Excuses"

Good morning, Morning Benders

My new thing today comes courtesy of The Morning Benders. I ignored the hype surrounding them last year, brushing them off as too blatantly derivative: the Beach Boys-esque harmonies and swelling wall-of-sound courtesy of Grizzly Bear’s Chris Taylor’s production just wasn’t working. Maybe since the muggy, sticky heat of summer hadn’t yet arrived, I couldn’t quite lock into those lazy wailing guitars and accents of waltz-time shuffled percussion. Now, at last, I’m there. I’m so there.

Currently signed to Rough Trade, the Berkeley quartet are entering the last leg of a mammoth European and American summer tour. If you missed them over here, listen to them down there. ‘Excuses’ is the second track.


image courtesy of rcrdlbl

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...