Thursday, 3 March 2011

Keep Shelly In Athens

Hauntin' Me

If I were old enough to have been around when the whole Balearic 'Sound of Ibiza' thing were big, then I guess all the descriptions of this band already floating around the internet would apply to me. Here's the reality: this sounds like the soundtrack to the dreams I have where it's somewhere between 1998 and 2002 and everything looks a bit like a Savage Garden video.


In all seriousness though, Keep Shelly In Athens are my latest band to like. They're a duo whom I'm only assuming actually come from Athens. Singer Sarah P.'s vocals are so breathy and distorted it's impossible to discern an accent from them. In any case, I digress. This music is weirdly lovely, and I figure I ought to share since this post draft has been sitting up on my dashboard for over a week now. Enjoy, and right click to download the two songs they've given away as free tasters.





image courtesy of keepshellyinathens facebook. video directed by jamie harley

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...