Wednesday, 13 July 2011

FREE SHIT Part 23: James Vincent McMorrow


I normally hate when indie or folk people cover pop songs and try to be all ironic/mocking about it but this is kinda lovely. James Vincent McMorrow (who will please fans of Bon Iver to no end) has a version of Willow Smith's "Whip My Hair" that you can grab below.


When he sings about haters it pretty much peaks for me. Greatness. I was gonna post this about three months ago, before it got buried in the drafts cemetery. After seeing McMorrow play at the Great Escape, I can now legitimately say that he's so much more of an engaging performer than his genre of music would typically suggest. Like, it's all sappy and stuff, but he's smiling and cracking jokes between songs so it's not lame. He is on point.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...