Sunday, 30 October 2011

Song of the Day: "Call Me An Animal"

This track, by new band I Am In Love, grabbed me within the first twenty seconds of playing it: always a good sign. And luckily the band delivered for the other four and a half minutes that make up my song of the day today.


I Am In Love are a four-piece apparently from Leicestershire and their brand of power-pop indie has that instant dance-a-bility that's always attracted me to the strong players in the indie game. Plus, that synth sample at the beginning of the track sounds like new M83 and that's always gonna be a good thing.


The band are giving this track away via their Facebook tomorrow, in the weeks before their Robot Needs Home EP drops on the 21st of November. Get involved now and if you've got the chance check them out at one of their live shows below. I'm goona aim for the EP launch party at Catch.

Tour dates:
Wednesday 23rd November - Shoreditch, Catch London
Thursday 24th November – Brighton, Pav Tav
Friday 25th November - Leicester Firebug
Saturday 26th November - Leeds Cockpit 3

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...