Sunday, 13 November 2011

Lizard Kisses


Lizard Kisses are Cory Siegler (on vocals) and Marc Merza (on guitar), a Brooklyn duo who sent me over some music this week and won me over. Though one of the most twee acts I've listened to in a good couple of months, something about their sparse and bare approach to song-writing totally charms me.

The band have released Tiny Island Teeth, an EP with self-designed artwork, on tape via label Cakes & Tapes and also as mp3s for those of us who don't have access to tape-players any more. Their seemingly simple melodies are layered beautifully, and they use their musical friends to great effect on the record. You can hear Sea Oleena (of Wintercoats fame), Mutual Benefit and some other New York musicians on the EP and its sister release of demos, Tooth Notes.

Lizard Kisses - Pinch from Jessica Amaya on Vimeo.

Lizard Kisses are streaming both records on Bandcamp, but also selling them on a pay-what-you-like basis. I'm pretty excited to get my hands on the EP and indulge in some late evening, quiet-times-with-tea listening throughout this week. Also, how weird is it to not listen to something brimming over with synths? I haven't done that since about June (and yesterday, when I listened to lots of the latest Kurt Vile record on a road trip).



photo by Jessica Amaya

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...