Thursday, 24 November 2011

Song of the Day: "Egyptian Wrinkle"

BOY FRIEND - Egyptian Wrinkle by HellYes

What happens when two Texan girls have a messy break-up with their previous band, then start writing songs as the separation happens? The murky and hazed-up sounds of Boy Friend, that's what. Once of Sleep ∞ Over fame, Sarah Brown and Christa Palazzolo have broken off to craft their own project without Stefanie Franciotti and I'm loving what I've heard of it so far.

I was sent over this track a few days ago, then started exploring the rest of their past work to tighten up the background research for my Addict news post on them. So far their archives are just as strong, all about the whispery vocals and textured samples that I've been drawn to recently. Their debut album drops on Hell Yes! Records in February, so keep an eye on them if you enjoy this track. I'd be really interested to see what kind of live show they put on, so hope they're planning to pass through London soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...