Monday, 6 February 2012

Song of the Day: "Forget" - Lianne La Havas


I'm still kicking myself for missing La Havas' last London show (though I was seeing another band so need to get working on that time travel machine asap), and let the release of this video slip under my radar a few weeks ago. 

Luckily it's still as amazing now as it was the moment it came out, so do enjoy. This woman is a hugely talented soul/pop songwriter and beautiful singer so if you haven't heard of her yet I'd suggest giving her a listen. She was shortlisted for the BBC Sound Of 2012, writes her own stuff and has released an EP which you can grab on iTunes now.

Lianne's going on a European and UK tour in March, details of which you can find here. All the London dates are sold out but there are still plenty of other cities she'll be dropping into. As a bit of an extra treat (kinda to myself too), I'll leave you with her Blogotheque Take-Away performance of "No Room For Doubt" from September last year.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...