Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Song of the Day: "Ridin'" - ASAP Rocky feat. Lana Del Rey




Even though I know this version of "Ridin" was leaked a good few weeks ago without A$AP's consent (and inspired a barrage of all-caps rage tweets and retweets), I am still totally into the production and hook that hold this track together. From Lana's saccharine sweet coos of "pick me up after school, you can be my baby" to that insatiable bassline, this is one nice slice of funk-influenced hip-hop. 

This was originally dropped from the Kickdrums mixtape earlier this year, so I look forward to hearing whether it makes it onto any of A$AP's solo material this summer after being leaked so hilariously. For now, enjoy body-rolling to this while fanning the coals beneath some barbeque chicken/steak/veggie burgers or whatever: it's what this song was pretty much made for.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...