Friday, 31 August 2012

Song of the Day: "Murda Bizness" - Iggy Azalea

Iggy Azalea seems to constantly be releasing her own singles or featuring on tracks by  other rappers and producers. This little gem, which dropped at the end of July, initially didn't dazzle me. Then I don't know what happened - one day I just couldn't get its intro hook out of my head and it's officially song of the day today.


For those who don't know, Iggy's a rapper from Australia who became a Tupac fanatic as an adolescent and moved to the USA as a teen. Fast forward a few years later and her home-video freestyles garnered enough attention to get her a major label deal, studio time with her mentor/producer T.I, and a modelling contract with Wilhelmina Models. Not too shabby.

She's currently on the Closer to My Dreams tour with Tyga and a bunch of guys I've never heard of, then should be heading back to the UK for some dates towards the end of the year. If you're in America and are already a fan of her stuff, the tour promoters are giving away a pair of tickets to each and every show, via this trivia app on the tour's Facebook page. 'Like' it to find out more and enter.

Head here to download Iggy's Glory EP, from which "Murda Bizness" is the lead single. In the meantime, I'll be body-rolling to this jam. I love the video, even with the awkward child actor moments where they don't quite get their comic timing right.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...