Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Album Stream: The xx - Coexist

Since their breakthrough about three years ago, The xx have lost a band member (Baria Qureshi), won a Mercury Music Prize and garnered a reputation as that moody band restaurants play when they want to show they've got a finger on the edgy pulse.

I've never been a huge fan of Romy Madley-Croft, Jamie Smith and Oliver Sim's work -- not because it isn't well put together, but because I just find myself underwhelmed by their approach to minimalism. And when Romy's vocal slides off-pitch I tend to find it more irritating than endearing, but that's probably just a residue of my training as a singer when I was younger. My opinion aside, their new album Coexist is now streaming everywhere online before it comes out next Monday on XL Recordings/Young Turks.


When they shared the single "Angels" a couple of months ago the internet basically went ape-shit, so I'd be pretty surprised if you haven't already given the album a go. Whatever stage of listening involvement you're in, let me know your thoughts, and feel free to share the stream: the band are tracing how far it travels via email, Twitter, Facebook and embeds so don't hold back if you're dying to tell a friend about it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...