Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Album Stream: Atoms For Peace - AMOK


Everyone, please stop whatever the effing hell you're doing and take some time out to listen to this new Atoms For Peace record. As ever, Thom Yorke and crew proved they are smarter than the internet, and the cuts we hear now were once again immune to the usual leaks. They released this stream while I was out and about reporting on a photographer, so yes, I'm aware I'm about 12 hours late on this. Hot damn.

In case you hadn't heard, Atoms For Peace are an experimental band featuring Radiohead's Thom Yorke and Nigel Godrich, as well as Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I know, on paper that sounds like it'd be an odd meeting of minds, but from what we've heard on "Default" and "What The Eyeballs Did," it just works. Full disclosure: I've been a Radiohead and Thom Yorke fan for about a decade now, so um there is very little neutrality going on in this post. Them's the facts.

Regardless of how much of a fangirl I may be, I still think this would be a record worth listening to. Between new material coming out from James Blake and Shlohmo (and apparently These New Puritans), 2013 is shaping up to be quite the year for art rock-esque electronic music. I am EXCITED.

AMOK comes out officially on Feb. 25, and is available to pre-order on physical here and digital here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...