Saturday, 23 March 2013

Watch: Hiatus - We Can Be Ghosts Now (feat. Shura)

Oh hi everyone, if you've been wondering whether I was dead it's mostly because I was dead inside. In other words, I've been working on my Master's Project, which is basically a journalism school equivalent of a thesis--except rather than spend time romantically thumbing through books in the library, my classmates and I have been running around all over New York state reporting on stories we pitched months ago and may be now struggling to love.


But I digress. Because the point of this post isn't to moan about being on an amazing degree, but to showcase this beautiful piece of music from Hiatus and Shura. Hiatus' Cyrus Shahrad has been hard at work making a new record, and Parklands will be out on May 13th. I gave it a listen last week (thank you, AMP Publicity) and it sounds all kinds of awesome, so keep an eye out for it if you're a fan of lush and emotive electronic music filled with whimsy.

This particular single, "We Can Be Ghosts Now," comes out on April 29th. There so far isn't any more album release info, on the label or formats the LP will be out on, but I'll be in touch with Hiatus' publicist to find out. Enjoy this stop-motion cutesy video by Tom Jobbins in the meantime.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...